Skip to main content

A Little About Me

 A little about me, what I do and why

Hello, I am Divya. I believe in simple living, living in harmony with the other beings and the environment around us. Professionally, the corporate work culture never lured me. I kept moving away from it. I spent most of my time teaching kids and older kids, in schools and colleges. And of course, writing and reading. In short, I am just an average Indian woman who loves her people and her planet. Now, the latter is not feeling so good. So my actions are focused on doing what I can to make my precious planter feel better.

There are many a reasons that have led to the present world scenario. What matters now and for some more years to come, is that we focus on changing ourselves, our habits and treat Nature with more respect. We already know the consequences of  being indifferent towards our eco-system. The soil, the air and water are all polluted beyond imagination. Many species are extinct. If we do not act now then it will be too late. 

The growing environmental issues and the ignorance of people towards it motivated me to take conscious actions in my daily life. In the Indian subcontinent, sustainable living is a way of life for the majority though, over time we have been way laid towards consumerism and developed the "use and throw" attitude. Our ancestors lived a minimalistic life, which of late has to be preached to us! Though on Instagram and similar social media the trend is catching up, there is so much more to do! I thought it is best to put down my thoughts to paper, rather the laptop, just to calm my anxious nerves and reduce the overwhelming thoughts. So this blog, where I can ponder over my concerns, adulations and everything in between for my favorite planet, Earth. 

More than a decade ago, when I chose Environmental engineering as my subject of study, people thought I was crazy. Because the IT boom happened around that time and it was considered silly of me to choose anything else other than that. These days when I see people from medicine, architecture, and all other educational backgrounds working towards a better planet and advocating climate action, I feel overwhelmed with a sense of joy! that there is still hope, that a better world is achievable.

We are in a world of infinite possibilities. We can make the change for the better, We can choose to improve. In my small way, I try everyday to get better at being the most eco-conscious person that I can be. At the risk of sounding cliched, if I can, you can too!

Xo,

D


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eco-friendly products within 100 INR!

The most common misconception regarding an eco-friendly lifestyle is affordability. Just like every other product in the market, the earth friendly products are also available in a variety of price range. Let me just list out my favorite swaps that are quite easy to adapt to and moreover these are well within the budget.  The next time you go purchasing online or offline, make sure to check these products. I am sure you will be eager to try them out and once you start using these clean and safe products nothing else will be good enough.   1. Seed pencils and pens These humble pens and pencils made of paper (sometimes recycled newspaper) carry a capsule of seeds. Once you are done using them, you can just sow them in a pot, water it regularly and watch a plant grow. Though not completely zero-waste (the refills are still plastic), they substantially cut down on carbon and plastic waste. Worth a try if you haven't already! They are light in weight and easy to use. Only drawback is th

Sustainable Furniture - Elegant and Earthy

Lockdown did make us all stay indoors. We spent our time in our homes, either cooking, cleaning or doing up neglected corners. Home décor has never received this much attention, as people had to take pictures from their home for their social media shenanigans, report to work from home and what not! This required a decent background they could be proud of. Other than improvising on what they had at home, people splurged on home décor items during 2020 like never before. It was shopping that the families enjoyed, gathered around their laptops or phones browsing and finalizing their favorite décor pieces! Furniture for the sustainable Indians While some of the consumers did look into where they are investing their monies, some of them just splurged like there is no tomorrow. Life turned online in a blink of an eye and the world changed, people had to adapt. They voiced opinions, met family and friends, celebrated and mourned - everything- online. Definitely this will be going down in hist